Fenopolis - Part 3

The Traffic Circle

The Centerpiece Tile:

The final tile is in the form of a traffic circle designed for a statue plinth.

It consists of 2 sheets: 1 black and 1 clear (C1 & C2)



The clear sheet also contains 8 small building blanks and 2 center blanks.  The reason for the doubles is to either build two different themed sets for the centerpiece or to build ruined and intact versions of one theme.   I could also combine them with the 1/2 slabs on S1 to allow offsetting of building bases.  The split ring is to assist with placement of the center disk.

This tile, combined with 2 of the previous sets, gives enough tiles for a 3 x 3 layout.

C1

Second Problem:

I accidentally had a line cut instead of engrave on one of the 4 corner sidewalk sheets.
I'll have to add that to the replacement parts sheet.
I'll use the defective part for miniatures basing.

The Building Bases:


This single sheet (B1) of 1.5 mm clear acrylic contains 9 different building bases designed to slot into the spaces on a layout.

It would be just fine to only use bases under buildings and to leave the empty spaces empty.
However, I want everything to lock in place and not move so...

The total number of building blanks required depends on the sets used.

If I use two of set 1, I would need 42 blanks (5 sheets).
If I use one of each set, I would need 32 blanks (4 sheets).
If I use two of set 2, I would need 22 blanks (3 sheets).

Now the question becomes... how many buildings, and do I want ruined versions for each?

At this point I have 4 of B1.  I messed one of the tiles up by removing some masking prematurely so that leaves me with 35 building bases.

All 9 tiles with building bases & edges

Since I am ordering up a sheet of replacement parts, now would be an opportune time to consider my total requirements and order additional B1s as needed.

Perhaps I should leave well enough alone...  I have a LOT of buildings to build.

Next up? Painting...

Comments